Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sweep Me Away

At the dusk of the evening, a melody is hummed,
With lyrics that will forever proclaim your name.
I stand in awe, embracing of every key played.
It melts me away into a dream without chaos.
As I’m swept off into a land of peace, I close my eyes
And there you stand with an out stretched hand,
Waiting on me to take that first step; to dance
Without shame or regret.

As you lead me away, you hold my hand,
With one spin of yours, there I am,
Standing with you, gazing into these eyes,
With the strokes of the strings, you seem
So real to me. To carry off every burden
And pain… what a sweet, sweet melody.

With every note played, and every melody and lyric sung,
I will never forget the day your song arose within my soul.
A song of freedom and grace, pour over me, My Savior,
With a melody so clear, that all may hear, that all may see
Your banner of love over me.

As I open my eyes, and yet to my surprise,
You are still here with me, and your melody
Burning deep inside, it will not be contain,
But sung for all to hear; Oh, sweet, sweet melody,
Arise inside of me that all my hear, that all may see

The King that swept me away into a forgiveness of his Name.
Oh sweet, sweet melody, lead me away into your presence,
Sweep me off into your arms of hope and trust.
I’m waiting, again, for this dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment